Who says romance has to be expensive? Here are a few romantic and affordable ways you can make this Valentine’s Day extra special:
Instead of going out, save money and spend a romantic day and/or evening at home.
- Make the most important meal of the day, the most romantic. Surprise your valentine with breakfast in bed. (Think heart-shaped pancakes and strawberries)
- Surprise your valentine by cooking their favorite meal. Dim the lights, light the candles, and use the fancy dinnerware
- Pick a romantic meal to cook together. Have a favorite restaurant meal? Look for recipes online and try making it at home!
- Have a movie day or movie night. Rent some old-timey romantic flicks and snuggle up on the couch or make a giant pallet on the floor. And don’t forget the popcorn and wine!
- Like to dance? Turn on some music, move the furniture if needed, and turn your living room into a dance floor
If you want to enjoy a day or night out on the town, here are some ways to get your fix without spending a lot.
- Enjoy dinner at home, then go out for dessert and/or drinks
- Go dancing
- Visit a winery and go wine tasting
- Spend the day visiting all your favorite places (Make it even more fun by turning it into a scavenger hunt!)
- Love the outdoors? Spend the day hiking together. Hit your favorite trails, or explore some place new
- Watch the sunset or go star-gazing. Grab some blankets and a bottle of wine and find a romantic spot with a great view
Valentine’s Day gifts don’t have to be limited to expensive flower bouquets, fancy chocolates and oversized teddy bears. Here are a few great V-day gifts that say “I love you” just as much, or maybe even more, than two dozen roses.
- Put together a gift basket of small inexpensive things she/he loves (favorite movie, book, candy, snack, magazine, wine/beer, etc.)
- Personalize a mug, shirt, picture frame, etc. with their name or a sweet message
- Crafty? Put together a scrapbook or photo album, or get creative and make him/her something unique
Happy Valentine’s Day!